Something sweet that is incredibly good to eat! This moreish, delicate, buttery cake practically screams 'Christmas' and will give you all of those 'festive feels'.
Cranberries are powerful super foods that contain a high dose of vitamin C and antioxidants which remove free radicals from your eyes and keep your vision strong. Citrus fruits are crucial in preventing the development of macular degeneration and cataracts in the eyes.
3 Medium eggs
6oz butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
16 oz plain flour
12 oz fresh cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees c
- In a Mixer, beat the eggs for around 5-7 minutes until slightly thickened and light in colour.
- Add the butter and vanilla and beat for a further two minutes
- Fold in the flour gently until it is just about mixed in.
- Add the cranberries and mix well to ensure even spread throughout.
- Spread evenly in a lined 9 x 13 inch tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Ensure a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into your cake.
- Allow to cool before cutting into small squares and serve.