Rainbow COVID Cupcakes
Perhaps not our 'normal' eye health recipe, but life is far from 'normal' at the moment. Our day to day lives have changed almost completely beyond recognition.
This is just a little bit of fun for you and anyone in your home who may need it. Bring a smile to the faces of those around you and enjoy a little sweet treat with our delicious rainbow cupcakes.
For the cupcakes -
3 x large eggs
6oz self raising flour
6oz baking margarine
6oz caster sugar
tsp flavouring of your choice
For the decoration -
1 x packet of Fizzy Multicoloured Belts (for the rainbow)
Buttercream (can be ready made or made at home)
blue food colouring
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C
2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar and margarine together using either a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour and mix well.
4. Add the eggs one by one, mixing well in-between each egg.
5. Stir in the flavouring you have chosen.
6. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases. They should be filled roughly three quarters of the way to the top of the cases.
7. Put in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cakes are golden. If you have a metal skewer, you could use this to check that the cupcakes are cooked through.
8. Set to one side to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Once your cupcakes have fully cooled, mix some blue food colouring with most your buttercream. Keep a little of the buttercream white to use to make your clouds.
10. Using a piping bag, pipe your blue buttercream onto your cupcakes.
11. Using another piping bag, use the white buttercream to pipe little clouds on either side of your cupcakes.
12. Trim your Fizzy Belts to size and add on top of your cupcakes.